zezestudio

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Chicharito: I've never scored a more important goal

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez says he has never scored a more important goal than the one he bundled in as Real Madrid edged past Atletico Madrid in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final.

The Mexican striker has endured a difficult season on loan from Manchester United, having made only four starts under Carlo Ancelotti in 2014-15 prior to this month.

Injuries to fellow attackers have seen him start three consecutive games for the Blancos, however, and Chicharito scored the decisive effort for the reigning European champions on 88 minutes to secure their first win over Atletico this campaign at the eighth attempt to reach the semi-finals.

"It's a Madrid derby and recently these matches have not brought many positive moments as Real hadn't won one since the Decima win in last season's Champions League final," he told Canal Plus.

"It might have been me who scored the goal but it belongs to everyone - those who have had confidence in me, my team-mates and my family. This goal is for all of them.

"This is the most important goal of my career, yes, because only the present is important. I might have scored other important goals in my career, but what matters is the present.

"This gives me confidence and Cristiano Ronaldo gave me a great assist. Atletico are truly a worthy rival. Thank God we got the win we deserved, though."

Real Madrid will find out their Champions League semi-final opponents - Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Juventus - on Friday at 12:00CET when the draw is held in Nyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment