zezestudio

Thursday, 30 April 2015

Bayern do not need Robben to beat Barcelona, says Friedrich

You agree? Former Germany international Arne Friedrich believes Bayern Munich do not need Arjen Robben to beat Barcelona in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

The Netherlands international is out for the rest of the season with a torn calf suffered during Bayern's defeat to Borussia Dortmund in the DFB Pokal semi-final on Tuesday.


Furthermore, Robert Lewandowski is also in doubt for the first leg against Barcelona on May 6 after suffering a broken nose and jaw in the same game.

Despite that, however, Friedrich - capped 82 times by Germany - believes Bayern will advance.

"Robben is hurt and I think he's a very important player. He would have helped Bayern certainly," he told reporters.

"But I also think Bayern will get through. German teams have always managed to eliminate individualists.

"Bayern have so much quality and the team is very unified. Therefore, I believe that Bayern will reach the final."

Bayern and Barcelona last met in the Champions League in 2012-13, when the Bundesliga giants recorded a 7-0 aggregate win before going on to win the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment