zezestudio

Sunday 19 October 2014

I almost rested Messi and Xavi is making things difficult for me,says Enrique

Thegoalmac can reveal that Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has admitted that he considered resting Lionel Messi during Saturday's 3-0 La Liga win over Eibar, but pointed out that the fans would have missed out on the Argentine attacker's fine goal had he done so.

I watched this match,and i am glad he didn't rest Messi,because we would missed  have all missed out on that majestic performance from him yesterday.Continue for what Luis said about resting Messi and Xavi.



 "I considered resting Messi, but you know there's always the risk that you miss a great goal like the one he scored today," the Barcelona coach said at a press conference.

"Messi doesn't need the prospect of breaking Zarra's record to motivate him. He has been very eager ever since I got here and gives his all every game and on the training pitch, too."

Luis Enrique then went on to discuss the situation of Xavi, who has been struggling to secure regular first-team action this term.

"Xavi playing well and making it hard for me to pick my team is a good thing. It's the kind of problem each coach wants to have," the Blaugrana boss stated.

"Whether he plays or not, Xavi is someone who always helps the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment