zezestudio

Saturday 3 September 2016

Ozil: I'll definitely have Wilshere's No.10 shirt

Mesut Ozil has insisted he will "definitely" have the No.10 shirt at Arsenal following Jack Wilshere's loan move to Bournemouth.

The German playmaker has worn the No.11 since arriving from Real Madrid for a club-record fee in 2013, with Wilshere handed No.10 when Robin van Persie left for Manchester United 12 months earlier.

Ozil recently took up the No.10 shirt for Germany following Lukas Podolski's international retirement and now, with Wilshere spending the 2016-17 season at Dean Court, is confident of wearing the same number at the Emirates Stadium.


"For me, the number means a lot," Ozil told Express about his new Germany number. "It is my favorite number. Football legends such as Zinedine Zidane, Diego Maradona and Pele have this number. I'm really happy about it.

"I wanted to have the number a few years ago, but so did Lukas Podolski and he had played more matches than me. Now I have access!
"Of course, I've previously given those in charge a signal. The number is right for me and my position as playmaker."

When asked if he is going to similar with Wilshere's shirt number, Ozil replied: "Yes, it has become free and I definitely want it."

No comments:

Post a Comment