zezestudio

Saturday 3 September 2016

OFFICIAL: Sunderland Sign Super Eagles Outcast Victor Anichebe

Sunderland have announced the signing of former Super Eagles striker Victor Anichebe on a short deal till the end of the season.

The Nigeria international found himself out of favor with his former club West Brom after featuring just 10 times in the Premier League last term without scoring a single goal.

Before then, he spent 7 years at Everton where he played under David Moyes and now the English manager is given him a chance to revive his career with the Black cats.


The 28 year old revealed it was an offer he couldn’t resist.

 “I’m really happy to be here at a great club," Anichebe told Sunderland's official website.

“I have a lot of good friends here and everyone knows that I know the manager really well. He brought me through as a young player and was a big factor in me coming here.

"I had a few options in England and Europe but the manager was a huge pull for me. He knows me inside out and I feel like he can get the best out of me.”

Anichebe comes in at the right time for Sunderland who have only one recognized striker in their squad (in person of Jermain Defoe) after Fabio Borini was ruled out for 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment