zezestudio

Thursday 23 April 2015

Wanyama: Wenger wants to sign me for Arsenal

Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama claims Arsene Wenger wants to sign him for Arsenal this summer.
Wenger will press ahead with a move for Morgan Schneiderlin when the transfer window re-opens, despite the emergence of Francis Coquelin this season.

But Wanyama insists he has been made aware of interest from Arsenal and admits he is keen to experience Champions League football again.

“Wenger has been talking about me. And he has let it be known he would like to sign me this summer,” Wanyama told The Sun.

“Arsenal are a great club and I’d love to play Champions League football as I loved being on that stage with Celtic. But we’ve had a fantastic season at Saints and I want to stay focused on helping the club qualify for Europe.

“Then we’ll see where I end up in the summer.”

Reports suggest that Tottenham are also interested in Wanyama and the 23-year-old says he is open to being reunited with Mauricio Pochettino.
“If I get the chance, maybe," he added. "You never know what will happen in the future. It’s nice to be linked with other clubs as it means I’m playing well."

No comments:

Post a Comment