zezestudio

Thursday 23 April 2015

Iniesta: I'm not happy with my form

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has admitted that he is not happy with his form at the moment.

The Spain international drew plenty of plaudits for the wonderful, jinking run from inside his own half that ultimately led to Neymar opening the scoring in Tuesday's 2-0 Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain at Camp Nou.


Iniesta was pleased with the assist - his fourth in Europe this season - but he does not feel he is performing at the peak of his powers at the moment, as underlined by the fact that he has yet to score or create a goal during Barca's 2014-15 Liga campaign to date.

"I'm happy with the way it worked out," he is quoted as saying by AS. "The truth is that it was a nice, fast and improvised run, but it's good that it resulted in a goal for Neymar.

"Personally, though, I think I have room for improvement. I'm unsatisfied with my form right now."

However, Iniesta is buoyed by the way in which Barca are presently performing, with Luis Enrique's men top of La Liga, already through to the final of the Copa del Rey and now looking forward to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

"We're feeling very good going into the decisive stretch of the season," the World Cup winner stated.

"We could have 10 games left and we will play them all with a positive attitude."
Up first for Barca is Saturday's Liga showdown with city rivals Espanyol at the Estadi Cornella-El Prat.

Iniesta is expecting a competitive encounter but does not believe it will be an overly aggressive affair.

"I do not think that the derby is a war," the 30-year-old added. "But it will be a special and tough game.

"I hope things go well and we get the victory."

No comments:

Post a Comment