zezestudio

Sunday 8 March 2015

I'll play anywhere for Van Gaal, sas Januzaj

Adnan Januzaj insists he is willing to play in different positions under Louis van Gaal as he bids to improve his first-team opportunities at Manchester United.

The 20-year-old's breakthrough last season was one of the few positives of David Moyes' disastrous reign at Old Trafford but his rise has slowed under Van Gaal, who has often employed a 3-5-2 system without orthodox wingers.

But Januzaj, who has made just eight starts and 18 total appearances for United this season, is keen to stress that he is willing to play elsewhere on the pitch if it means he enjoys a more prominent role in Van Gaal's plans.

"My game is all about trying to make things happen," Januzaj told the club's official website.

"We had the diamond at Cambridge and I played as a left-midfielder. I feel comfortable there as well. I think I can play well there without a problem.

"My favourite position is as a winger or a no.10. There are a lot of players here and I can play in different roles – it is just a case of taking any opportunities."

United have been criticised in some quarters this season for failing to mount a more significant challenge for the Premier League title, but Januzaj insists securing a top-four finish in the Premier League must be the club's primary objective.

"I think that's the aim – to try to qualify for next year's Champions League," he added. "I played in it last year and it was very good to do so. I was really happy and you know you’re waiting for that kind of opportunity again in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment