I think the English premier league is really a very physically demanding league and I'm not surprise Alexis Sanchez may be struggling with fatigue ahead of the Gunners’ FA Cup clash with Middlesbrough as his coach Arsene Wenger has revealed.
The Chile international has featured in 33 games in all competitions
this season – including 22 of the club’s 25 Premier League fixtures –
and Wenger admitted in December that Alexis was in the “red zone” in terms of fitness.
The Frenchman has now reiterated that sentiment, conceding that the
former Barcelona star struggled to maintain his recent performance
levels in the midweek 2-1 win over Leicester – a match which saw him
pick up a knee injury.
"He has not had the same intensity in his game as he had until now," Wenger told reporters.
"I'm not sure he was free in his head to sprint as he used to. I don't
know if it was down to the kick he got on his knee, but he was not
himself."
Wenger claims Alexis’ injury is not a serious one,
however, and says the 26-year-old could feature against Boro in the
fifth round tie on Sunday.
"He has a swollen knee and he cannot move well, but it's only a kick, nothing else," said the boss.
"If he's not available for Sunday, he will be available next week."

No comments:
Post a Comment