Who agrees with Keith Hackett? The referee chief has slamed FA over Ivanovic let-off after he grabbed McCarthy's neck in Everton Vs Chelsea match.
He said that when he was in charge of the Professional Game Match Officials Board, he
had a debate and discussion with all the managers in the Premier League
highlighting the fact that, when a player puts his hands in the face of
an opponent in an aggressive manner, this is a red-card offence.
And I
would be very clear in that, where the player has got his palm round the
neck of an opponent, that is a clear red card.
Confusion is
not the word. This is an offence committed by a player, it's got an
aggressive approach to it, it's not preventative and therefore I was
amazed that the FA decided not to take any further action.
One can only
assume that the reason no further action was taken against Branislav
Ivanovic for his confrontation with James McCarthy is that the referee
was satisfied that he'd seen it. I just think that it's a glaring error.
Let's get back to the basics: it's called football and players play with
their feet, not their hands, so I think that it'll be interesting now
where the FA go with this. Obviously they've charged both clubs with
failing to control their players and the route that they're taking is
that they're just grouping Ivanovic into that.

No comments:
Post a Comment