zezestudio

Thursday 16 October 2014

Inzaghi is like Ancelotti and I hope the Ebola Rumour fades,says Essien

Ghanaian Michael Essien has revealed that AC Milan boss Filippo Inzaghi reminds him of Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti,Thegoalmac understands.

For me its too early to start comparing Inzaghi to anyone as he is just starting,hopefully he will succeed.
He told Tuttosport: "I have had many coaches in my career. I really like Inzaghi and he reminds me a lot of Carlo Ancelotti. On the field he likes us to express ourselves and because of that we give the best of ourselves."

Loyalty is often in short supply in football, but Essien remains good friends with two of his former coaches, in Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho and Clarence Seedorf - who was replaced by Inzaghi at the San Siro helm in June.

"I often speak to Mourinho," he continued. "We send messages, we talk about football. We are still very close. Even with Clarence Seedorf, we are always in contact."

The former Lyon, Chelsea and Madrid man also discussed his friendship with Liverpool striker Mario

Balotelli, who he first came across during his time at Chelsea when the Italian was a Manchester City player before the pair went on to play together at Milan.

"He's a great player, we got on well together," he continued. "We knew each other well when he was at Manchester City. He has all the qualities to become a top player but he has to work harder on the field."

Earlier this week, Essien was the subject of bizarre internet rumours suggesting he had contracted the deadly Ebola virus that has claimed thousands of lives in Africa.

The 31-year-old spoke of his surprise at hearing the news and laughed off the episode, but only after receiving a phone call from Milan’s club doctor.

“I was calm relaxing at my house watching TV when the phone rings. It was Dr Tavana.

I answer and he asked me if I had Ebola. I said ‘of course not’. He told me about the news that was circulating and we both laughed.
"It is a serious situation, though, and hopefully the situation resolves itself soon."

His attention will now turn to helping Milan continue their positive start to the season, which sees them in fifth place after yielding 11 points from their first six games, with Essien determined to finish as high as possible.

"Our aim is to reach the top three. This club belongs at that level and we'll all strive and fight to get there."

No comments:

Post a Comment