zezestudio

Sunday 12 October 2014

Courtois:Chelsea was right to allow me play

Thegoalmac can reveal that Thibaut Courtois has defended Chelsea’s decision to initially allow him to continue playing despite having suffered a blow to the head in their Premier League clash with Arsenal.

For me if the doctors says a player can carry on,after such collisions why not,as far as they examine the player properly.What do you think?Continue to see what he said.
The west London club have been criticised for their handling of the incident, with the debate surrounding head injuries and concussion resurfacing once more, but Courtois insists all the appropriate steps were taken.

“The doctor... did well, I think,” Courtois told Sky Sports. “She asked me the questions she needed to ask and I could repeat [the answers] immediately so I was feeling well and didn’t have to come off.

“I didn’t feel I was knocked out but I was hit. I didn’t have a headache or anything, but after a few minutes I felt worse and worse. Then I started to feel a little dizzy and I couldn’t see the ball anymore, and there was a little blood coming from my ear.

“Because I saw trouble, I went off. I know you have to be careful, but I was not really knocked out so I could have carried on if I was not seeing blurry [sic].”

Courtois says he was still experiencing side effects from the impact several days after, but was given the all-clear and is now expected to start for Belgium against Bosnia-Herzegovina in Monday’s Euro 2016 qualifier.

“I had some neck pains, dizziness and headaches for a few days afterwards. I had neurological tests to see if my brain was responding correctly and, after it was OK, I travelled to Belgium,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment