zezestudio

Thursday 5 March 2015

Champions League win my career best, says Kroos

Real Madrid star Toni Kroos says winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich in 2013 remains the highlight of his career.

The Germany international was part of Jupp Heynckes' treble-winning team two years ago, but missed the 2-1 European Cup final win over Borussia Dortmund at Wembley due to an injury.


However, he still ranks receiving a winner's medal in the competition over every other moment in his career, including last summer's World Cup triumph.

"This competition is always brilliant, especially when you reach the knockout stages," he told Uefa.
"At this point, the games are tight and you meet the best teams in Europe. The greatest challenge is to show what you can do season in, season out in the competition.

"Of course, the highlight of my career at this level was winning the tournament with Bayern and I will try to repeat that success with Madrid."

Kroos went on to say that he has been thoroughly enjoying life at the Bernabeu since his summer move from Bavaria and has set his sights on success.

"It has been a good start for me," said the midfielder.
"I have been here a while now and it has gone well from the off.

"For the time being, we are first in our league and still in the race for the Champions League. I hope we will be successful. As far as I am concerned, I hope to contribute to that success."

No comments:

Post a Comment