zezestudio

Sunday, 12 April 2015

Luis Enrique incensed by questions over 'nonsense' Neymar gesture

Removing Neymar yesterday, do you guys think that contributed to Barca drawing the match?

Barcelona boss Luis Enrique is furious people are discussing Neymar's "nonsense" gesture at being substituted and says he is not interested in whether his forward is happy at being taken off.

The Brazilian, who scored the Catalans' second goal in their 2-2 draw with Sevilla on Saturday, was visibly annoyed at being replaced in the second half with Barca still ahead.

Ten minutes later, Kevin Gameiro fired in the equaliser for Unai Emery's men and Luis Enrique was put on the spot about his decision to take off Neymar following Barca's stumble in their pursuit of Liga glory.

"I am not interested in talking about this kind of nonsense," he told reporters when asked about Neymar's angry gesture after he was replaced by Xavi.

"It is becoming fashionable to do this and it's nonsense. I am interested in the team winning and this sort of thing is simply uninteresting.

"I did the swap to seek more control on the game in midfield, I thought it was necessary."

The Camp Nou coach was equally blunt when asked about how the result might affect the Liga title race, with Real Madrid's win over Eibar earlier on Saturday meaning the gap is now down to two points.

"I've no idea," Luis Enrique snapped. "I'm bad at maths. Until the end of matchday 38, I do not know how it will end. As of matchday 31, we are the leaders.

"In the first half we were clearly superior, with great football and we were in control. It's too bad that we let them pull a goal back, though. The second half was more balance and we paid for our errors."

Barca take a break from Liga action when they face Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final, against a team they faced twice in the group stage earlier in 2014-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment