zezestudio

Thursday, 23 July 2015

Wolfsburg: De Bruyne has not asked to leave

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs insists that Kevin De Bruyne has not requested to leave the club as he continues to be linked with a summer departure.

Manchester City are thought to be readying a bid of £50 million (€72m) for the Belgian and Thegoalmac has learned that he has expressed a desire to move to the Etihad Stadium.

But Wolfsburg are adamant that De Bruyne, who racked up an incredible 20 assists last season, has not asked for a transfer as the saga continues to rumble on.

"That is definitely made up," Allofs told reporters when asked about reports of a meeting between the 24-year-old and officials from the German club.

Allofs has previously admitted that Wolfsburg would consider selling De Bruyne should a significant bid be made, though such an offer is not yet on the table.

"We are not playing games," he told Sport1. "'What would happen if somebody comes with that amount of money' - that did not happen so far so we do not have to think about it.

"If something like that does arrive, we will deal with it seriously. We should not talk about it out of responsibility towards the player."

No comments:

Post a Comment