zezestudio

Thursday, 23 July 2015

Draxler flattered by Juventus interest, says Heldt

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt says midfielder Julian Draxler is "flattered" by interest from Scudetto winners and Champions League finalists Juventus.
The Germany international, 21, has been given permission by Schalke to speak with Juventus, who are interested in signing the World Cup 2014 winner for €25 million.
Heldt, who deals with transfers in and out of the Veltins Arena, claimed that Draxler is enjoying the attention from one of Europe's top clubs but stressed no offer had been made yet.

"Juve are yet to submit a concrete offer, we only know of their interest," he told reporters. "I spoke with Julian and informed him we'd be going public with Juve's interest.
"Julian is a player who thinks about things a lot. Right now he's focused on working with us, but I got the impression he is flattered by the interest. Juventus are hardly a backwater club.
"He is a Schalke kid and has a running contract here, bit would be wrong not to allow a player to think on such a topic.
"We can deal with any offer if it comes, but right now nothing has happened, so we're pretty relaxed."
Italian media outlets are claiming Draxler will sign a €2.7m-per-year contract until 2020 with Massimiliano Allegri's men, although German reports are suggesting he wants to stay at Schalke.
Draxler's contract with the Bundesliga side runs until 2018, with the €45m release clause having expired last month.
The Bundesliga club are considering Xherdan Shaqiri as Draxler's potential replacement, with the Swiss star admitting he is proud of the interest.
Heldt added on the Inter attacker: "We're in contact with Shaqiri's people. But there's nothing concrete yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment