zezestudio

Monday 2 March 2015

Is Not my job to attack at Real Madrid, says Kroos

Toni Kroos has insisted that he is satisfied with his more defensively-defined role at Real Madrid.
The Germany international joined Madrid from Bayern Munich ahead of the 2014-15 campaign and has since developed into a key figure at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Kroos has been less decisive going forward than during his time at Bayern due to his more defensive role, yet the 25-year-old is thoroughly enjoying his less attacking position.


"We tend to play with three central midfielders and at the moment I have the more defensive role - and have done since the beginning of the season. I very much enjoy playing there," Kroos told the official Fifa website.

"Of course the coach sets out certain demands for playing in that position, but those coincide with my own interpretation of how to play there. So in that regard I’m delighted with how things are going.

"Over the years I’ve been moving further back bit by bit and that’s fine by me. In Madrid it’s important that we have the right balance. Normally we have a lot of very attack-minded players on the pitch, so for me it’s almost of secondary importance to get forward.

"Instead, I focus on how the game is going in the middle of the park and that we’re well positioned."
Kroos then went on to stress that Madrid are undoubtedly one of the biggest clubs in the world due to the European champions' enormous global appeal.

"Wherever you go people are always beside themselves to see Madrid. We were in Dubai recently and that’s the kind of place where you think you’re going a long way away. But once we got there I had the feeling that the people there are even crazier, so to speak, than they are in Madrid and in Spain.

"That says it all. The club has won an unbelievable number of trophies and still has a top-quality team with top-class players. I think that alone is what makes Real Madrid so interesting."
Kroos has netted once in 25 La Liga appearances so far this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment